Contact and Collect at Kilkenny County Council Library Service
Kilkenny County Council Library Service offers a Contact and Collect Service as part of our phased re-opening of Library Services
Users will not be able to walk into the library and choose their own books but they can still order and return books using this model which will be available in Callan and Thomastown branches from May 11th 2021
Here is how the Order and Collect service works:
· Ring or email the relevant branch or alternatively access our online form to request a slot by clicking button below
· Give your name, phone number, card number and your broad preferences/area of interest
· Staff will select the stock and once the items are ready for collection, you will be contacted with a designated collection time.
· You can borrow up to 12 items (adults), 6 items (children)
· Adults must order on behalf of children under 12 years of age
- If you are interested in a particular author or book, have a look at the online catalogue to see if the items you want are in the system.
- When you see something that you are interested in reserve it for collection at the appropriate branch.
- You will be contacted when item(s) are available for collection and you can then make an appointment.
Call and Collect is only available by phone, email or online registration. Please do not visit the library to collect books unless you have been contacted by staff. Return bins will be available outside libraries for stock return.
You can access our branch opening hours by clicking 'Opening Hours'
To enable us to provide this service we have established a rigorous health and safety protocols to ensure your and our safety.
Kilkenny Library Service will continue to provide a door to door delivery service to those 65 years and over - contact library headquarters at 056 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our extensive online services will also be available as well as a range of wellbeing projects and initiatives that we are developing - www.kilkennylibrary.ie