The Range of Library Services offered to Post-Primary Schools are:
- Class visits to your library branch, Your partner library branch will accommodate class visits from your school to the library, where practicable, arranged locally in advance.
- A teacher’s card made available to every teacher in the school which will enable each teacher to borrow items for his/her class. Each post-primary teacher in your school will be entitled to receive a teacher’s card, on request, from your partnered library branch. The card will enable a teacher to borrow items for his/her class from your partner library branch and also, if applicable, through the mobile library service.
- A presentation(s) at the school on the library services may be available for students and staff. Your local library service can provide a presentation on the library services on request and at a time agreed with the school principal, at the local library branch where practicable, at your school to teachers, pupils or parents or virtually. Schools may be clustered together for this presentation by arrangement, where appropriate.
- A range of relevant library resources and services provided to your school. The services available to your school include the provision of reading and curriculum support materials, young adult collections and online learning resources.
- Study spaces available within the library branch. Study spaces for students will be available in your partnered library branch where practicable, as well as access to Wi-Fi/Internet.
- Research and project work. Your library branch will provide resources and assistance to students and teachers for school project work and research, either within the library branch or electronically, as available.
- Ongoing support for strengthening young people’s reading skills. Support will be offered to young people and parents relating to the resources and activities available for students’ reading skills and interests development. This will be made available to your school where requested.
Printing and photocopying services available to all students in all branches and wifi printing available in some. Contact your local library for more information.
The local studies department of your library service provides access, including online resource access, to a wide range of historical material about your local area, such as maps, photographs, documents and information.